Saturday, October 8, 2011

Return of Spookley the Square Pumpkin and the Want-to-Be-Crafter

On a recent trip to Robert's with my 50% off coupon in hand, I saw a display for Do-It-Yourself Fall crafts, complete with detailed instructions.  I thought, "I can do this!"  One craft I just didn't get though, square pumpkins?  Why would I want to display square pumpkins? 

While looking through my box of classroom Halloween stuff, I found a book I had forgotten all about:  The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin.  Now displaying square pumpkins made sense!  So wanting to be crafty, here's what I managed to do.

 I also attempted a felt table runner, with hand-stitched leaves.  I kept my version a little simpler than the one at Robert's.  I think I like it better that way.
 Here's the project that's not quite finished yet:
Am I still a want-to-be-crafter or actually a crafter now?  I'm not sure yet.

My friend Melanie on the other hand, she is definitely a crafter.  She makes adorable hats for babies, and in one night completed a hat for Morgan which I LOVE LOVE LOVE!


This is Morgan admiring herself in the mirror. 

If you're interested in hats for your little ones, she does custom work.  Look for her at the little crochet shop on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment