Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fall activities

I love this season!  I love when the days get cooler and it doesn't feel like torture to be outside.  I love going out to the garden to get what I need for dinner.  Although this carrot(s?) looked too cool to eat.

Our "braided" carrots

This season used to be busy with going back to school, parent teacher conferences, open houses, etc.  I thought being a "stay-at-home-mom" would make life less busy.  HAHA.  I have this idea of what kind of stay-at-home mom I should be, and therefore have been very busy preserving food.  So far this is what I have preserved:  7 quarts of tomatoes, 7 pints of tomatoes, 9 pints of salsa (whoa, that's a lot of peppers to dice), frozen roasted tomatoes, dried zucchini, dried peppers, dried herbs (rosemary, cinnamon basil, and sweet basil), frozen basil pesto, dried pears, 3 half-pints of walnut-maple syrup, frozen onions and peppers.  Although this list is not long compared to what some can accomplish, I am very proud of it--it's my first time doing the canning alone!  I will also be canning peaches this week with my mother-in-law, and later in the month we'll do some apples as well.

In September we celebrated Nate's grandmother's 80th birthday!  Happy birthday Grandma Lundell!  It was a fun day celebrated at a beautiful reception center.  So of course we took the opportunity to shoot some pictures.

 I am so in love with those blue eyes!
 Morgan apparently does not want to smile for the tripod.
 Her cute little laugh

Have I mentioned I love my little family and this opportunity I have to be a mom?

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! I'm impressed!! I want to learn how to preserve food! I wish I lived up there because I'd just come over and watch. What a great thing to be doing. And that little Morgan is getting so big. She's so stinkin' cute.

    ReplyDelete