Friday, October 21, 2011

Memories and reflection

One year ago I was enjoying my first day as a mom in my own house.  My tiny little baby only weighed 6.5 pounds when we brought her home.  I had no idea what I was doing, and loved every second of it.


Now Morgan is a year old, 19 lbs 9 ozs, 28.5 inches long, (30% for both)  much better at eating, still loves to sleep, but not so content to just be cuddled.  She is on the move.  She crawls all over our house, she's dying to learn how to maneuver the stairs.  If I go up to the kitchen without her, she just sits at the bottom and yells out for me.  Once she finds a toy she loves, she will sit for 5 minutes or more and play with one specific toy.  She already loves cartoons, especially Super Why and Dinosaur Train.  Her favorite part of the day seems to be story time, and in her lift-the-flap books, she knows where all of the flaps are and lifts them herself.  She likes to make people laugh and be silly.  Now that she's off all of her bottles except for the nighttime bottle, she is a much better eater.  Mostly she loves vegetables and pears, but she also tries a variety of spices and flavors, and recently (thanks to several birthday parties) has discovered how yummy sugar, cookies, cake, and ice cream are! 

Morgan reaches out her hand when she wants to touch something or someone, which is often.  Boog, our golden retriever, is probably one of her favorite things to touch, and the poor guy is so patient with her.  She hasn't quite learned a soft touch, so her "petting" means pulling hair.  One day she even managed to get his tongue in her hand!  They play together and eat together, much to my dismay.  Before I can stop her, she feeds him part of a goldfish and then eats the other half.  Yuck!

I cannot even begin to describe how much I love her.  I dreamed of having children all of my life, since the time I was just a tiny girl myself.  I feel so blessed, and when I look at her, it reminds me of the love my Heavenly Father has for me.  I have a lot to learn to be the kind of mom she deserves.





No comments:

Post a Comment