Saturday, November 13, 2010

Emotional, exhausting, entertaining



I cannot believe that little Morgan is almost 4 weeks old!  How did this happen? Oh yeah, with lots of long nights and days combined altogether.  She is making a lot of progress.  Morgan tries so hard to hold her head up during tummy time.  She loves to talk and play and sing.  One of her favorites is Head Shoulders Knees and Toes with her daddy.  It's so cute! 

We went in for a weight check on Friday and she had gained a whole pound!  She now weighs 7 lbs 13 oz and no longer fits in her newborn size clothes.  This makes me sad and happy.  Bittersweet is the appropriate word I think.  It's fun to see her grow and learn though.  She actually doesn't scream during every bath now or when she's getting changed.  And I no longer have to set my alarm clock to wake her up to eat, she is my alarm clock now!

On Sunday, November 7th, Nate gave Morgan her father's blessing.  The opening song in sacrament meeting was Count Your Blessings, so I started crying immediately.  It was beautiful to see my daughter's father, grandfathers, and some uncles and friends stand together and use their Melchizedek priesthood to bless her.  I felt so blessed and in that moment knew that my decision to move to Utah was worth it!  It's hard to be away from family and friends in North Carolina, but I am so blessed to have a daughter who was born in the covenant and to have a husband who can bless his children! 



Overall, having a child is an emotional, exhausting, and entertaining experience!


Hanging out with her granny and papa!

My sleeping beauty!

3 comments:

  1. She is a sleeping beauty. I can't wait to meet her in December!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blessing was beautiful! Nate did a really nice job. I love that little Morgan. She is a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That girl just keeps getting cuter! Im sad we couldn't be there for the blessing. Just know we love you guys!

    ReplyDelete