Friday, September 27, 2013

Catch-up: August

 Another trip to the North Carolina Zoo (we have a family season pass to the zoo and the aquarium, have to make it worth it!)



 Morgan is pretty much in love with elephants thanks to watching Dumbo upteen-million times right after Owen was born.  I've actually decorated their room in a sort of elephant-bird motif (do those things go together, it seems to work?)
 Owen even enjoyed the zoo this time, even though it was pretty warm.
Sneaky and silly little girl

After our zoo trip, Morgan went on her first sleepover to Granny and Papa's house for, wait for it.....5 whole days and nights!  This was huge since we've never been apart except for when I was in the hospital having Owen.  I was so nervous that she would get sad and want to come home, but be 6 hours away, but no, she had a blast.  Then I was worried she wouldn't want to come home.  She made some great memories with my parents and my family which I am so thankful for.  Some of Nate's best childhood memories are of sleepovers and visits to his grandparent's house, so I hope Morgan can have that kind of relationship with all of her grandparents.

Owen got to have some I'm-the-only-child time, which was pretty fun too.  He started loving solid foods, and at 7 months old started doing the army crawl, which he is now really proficient at.

 I love the arms in the air photos
Glad to have my little girl back in my arms again


No comments:

Post a Comment