Friday, September 27, 2013

Accomplishments

 As individuals and as a family we are all growing and learning so much.  At 8 months old, Owen is very quick at getting around but not so interested in trying to stand yet.  He's pretty happy with terrorizing exploring the house from the floor for now.
 Morgan is officially and completely potty trained.  I waited a while, but she was ready, and she doesn't even need pull-ups at night!  Way to go little girl.  She has a great imagination, plays pretend like a pre-schooler, and has an extensive vocabulary for someone who one year ago only said Mommy, Daddy, and No.  We are still working on articulation, but she'll talk, or sing, all the time!

 Morgan learned this month that it can be fun to have a little brother, and that she can play with him (or torture him).  The hat switch was my favorite...especially hearing her giggles and watching him love it too!

 Look at those beautiful cheeks, the new medicine regimen keeps the eczema almost gone...it starts to creep back when he has to be off the medicine (which is necessary on his delicate skin) but for the most part I just get to see my beautiful boy now!  Love it!
Weird picture for this blog, but I need to brag on Nate.  He is so happy to be working on ASU's team for the Solar Decathlon which will be held in Versailles, France next summer.  Keeping our fingers crossed that he (and maybe our family?) will be able to go!  He was even a local celebrity when he was quoted in the paper and had his picture on the front page for his work on the project!  He's doing a great job in school and all around!  What a lucky woman I am!

A word about my accomplishments:  I am finally learning to sew.  It has been on my wish-I-could-do-list for a long time, so I took a beginner's class over the summer through the university, and even though I'm awful at it, I'm sticking with it.  I have made a skirt that I will actually wear in public, two skirts for Morgan...my favorite is the puppet theater I'm making her for her birthday out of an old curtain, and a beautiful pink and white fleece cape for the winter.  Shhh, don't tell her!  It's a fun, and mostly frustrating, hobby, but I'm still excited about it for now.


Wow, look what I can do on  a Friday night when everyone else is in bed.  Pretty much caught up on the blog!  Woo Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment