Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Visit from Granny and Papa & Morgan's 2nd Bday!

This past weekend my parents drove into town to celebrate Morgan's second birthday with us.  We sure were looking forward to their visit, and really enjoyed spending time with them and showing them the beauty of fall in the High Country.



 Morgan mostly enjoyed riding on Papa's scooter chair.  Now the word "ride" has a completely different meaning for her.  (I think Papa enjoyed it just a little bit)

This picture is one of my favorites from the weekend.  We took it in the town of Blowing Rock.  There is a beautiful pond with a sidewalk around it where we like to go to visit the ducks.  It was beautiful in all of its autumn glory.

On Friday we celebrated Morgan's birthday!  I can't believe my little girl is 2 already!  It is strange to me to hold my "baby" and feel another baby kicking her!  She got to enjoy some time at the pool with her Dad, played with her new toys, and even got to talk to her Grandma and Grandpa Powell on the computer.  We kept the day pretty low key, and really enjoyed it that way!

 Mom was super excited for this gift.  Morgan has really enjoyed playing with a little wooden doll and crib at the library, to the extent that we haven't been to the library in a few weeks because she screams to leave this "bay-bay."  So I did some research online, found out that the doll is manufactured by Melissa and Doug, and I also found a little wooden nursery set with a cute stroller, changing table, and crib made by Plan Toys.  Morgan loves taking care of her little baby now!  (And I'm pretty impressed by the furniture set as well!)  She also plays with her new Little Pet Shop bee and bear with the furniture.  It's the perfect size for her little hands.

(Don't you love how often she is wearing this hat in her pictures)




Granny made her birthday cake - and Morgan didn't eat any of it!


I love my little Morgan more and more everyday.  She has the sweetest personality that just draws people to her, and she is quickly becoming one of my best friends!  She really has progressed a lot in her speech and uses a lot more words.  Next week she will start a preschool 2 days a week where they work a lot on speech therapy.  More about this later.

Her 2 year stats:  35 inches long!  (about 75th percentile) 25 lbs 6 oz (about 15th percentile)  She's definitely had a little growth spurt lately!

 She loves playing outside with "My Dada"
 Learning more about wooly worms
 

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are beautiful with the fall colors. Morgan is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete