Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Travels, Hurricanes,and Broken Computers

I was so determined to keep my blog updated.  Then, of course, the computer finally called it quits.  I'm proud to say I owned a Dell laptop for 8 long years before it popped up with a horrifying screen, "Hard Drive Not Found."  Sad day.  Luckily I had backed-up almost everything. 

The good news, now I'm a proud-part-owner of a new Toshiba, with a much faster processor, more memory, and larger hard drive.  So it's all good!

In August Morgan and I traveled to North Carolina with our visitors, Granny, Papa, and GiGi.  It was such a nice visit, even though we did have an unexpected surprise, Irene.  As my brother Mikie said, the hurricane was almost a blessing, causing us to spend so much time together as a family like we haven't done for years!  We were also blessed with safety and luckily, did not sustain much damage.

The best part of the visit was my vacation from my vacation.  We drove up to Williamsburg, Virginia, one of my favorite places, and home of Busch Gardens.  I picked Nate up at the Norfolk airport in time to enjoy a fun Labor Day weekend.  Most of my immediately family was there, as well as cousins from New York.  We had an amazing time. 

 Morgan having fun at Sesame Street
 Papa loved driving Morgan on his power chair
 This picture needs an explanation...There's a water ride called Escape from Pompei that creates quite a splash.  There's an area where you can stand and cool-off with that splash, and Nate didn't quite understand how large that splash would be.  He was standing there with Morgan and before I could get to them, down the boat went, and up came the splash, right in poor Morgan's face.  She was soaked to the bone!  The best part, she didn't even cry, just seemed a little shocked!
 Relaxing with Papa and Granny
 At nap time we rode the train so Morgan could take a little nap
 Morgan's first time on the carousel!  She didn't want to let go, even when the ride was over.
 The extended Guthrie family
 I loved watching everyone with Morgan...here she's hanging out with her cousin Justin...by hanging out, I mean trying to eat his fingers
Checking out cousin Stacy and TJ

I had such a great time!  I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment