Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Historical Williamsburg

When I hear "Williamsburg, Virginia"  I think about my favorite rollercoasters ever...

 Apollo's Chariot
 Griffin

Now that I have introduced Nate to these rides, he'll think about them too.  But really when he hears "Williamsburg, Virginia" he thinks forefathers, history, revolution.  So of course we spent some time touring Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown.  It was fun to hear about those who were in Williamsburg at the time of the revolution, those free-thinkers, those unique men and women, who conceived and won for us the freedoms we now enjoy.  The freedom to spend fun weekends with your family.  The freedom of religion.  The freedom to pursue happiness.



 Uh-oh.  Someone's in trouble.
 I like how the English-appointed Governor used weapons for "decorations"  Don't mess with me.  See all of my power.


That governor sure had a pretty view though.


Wait a second, did you think I could write a whole blog without mentioning Morgan?  Yeah, right!  She was spending the day with Granny, Papa, and Sissy Carol, but excited to see us at the end of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment