Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Catch-up: 9 months old!

Morgan is 9 months old today!  How did this happen?  I can't believe it.  I need to be much better at taking pictures and videos and documenting all of these moments!

All About Morgan

She has to be one of the best little night-sleepers ever.  She never cries to go down at night...she actually will start to get upset if she's not in her crib by 7 pm!  And almost every night she sleeps 12 hours straight.  She recently decided that it's not fun to sleep on her back, so she reminds me of the hands of a clock now, turning around in her crib all night.

Morgan had to wear a helmet for about 3.5 months.  She just graduated from it last week!  Yea!  While she was wearing it she decided the way to get around was to use the helmet as a sort of wheel, and when she was on her back she would push off with her feet and slide along.  It was really cute, but has slowed down her progress a bit.  She can roll around really well, but no crawling yet.  She likes standing now though, so maybe she'll just skip crawling and go to walking.

I've really enjoyed making home made food for her, so she's tried lots of different foods.  Some of her favorites that have surprised me are baby guacamole and split pea soup!  She also loves fruit purees, especially blueberry.  I freeze them and she licks on it like a popsicle.  Messy but fun.

She's still pretty small for her age.  Only 17.5 pounds, 27 inches.  Sometimes she's just not that interested in a bottle or food.  I wish I had that problem!

We have a lot of fun playing together.  She loves her jumperoo, she loves playing at the pool, and I am so proud that she gets her face wet and doesn't cry.  She already wants to doggy paddle.  A future swimmer perhaps?  Her new favorite toys are measuring cups and spoons.  When I'm in the kitchen, that's where she wants to be.

She can say ma-ma and da-da plus a lot of other stuff that no one knows.  She is so ticklish, especially on her sides and neck.  And I'm proud to say, she definitely acts like she loves her mommy.  And did I mention she has a ton of hair?







1 comment: