Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tis the season to be...sleeping

Christmas will be a little different this year; it will be my first Christmas away from my original "home" and my first Christmas in my "married" home with a daughter.  I'm trying to focus on the positive:  it's my first Christmas as a mommy!  So I'm involving Morgan in lots of fun holiday traditions.

On Monday Nate and I took her to pick out our first real Christmas tree.  It was SOOOO cold so she was all bundled up in her cute little snow suit!



Apparently all of the excitement put her right to sleep.

The next holiday tradition this week was to decorate the tree.  This took several days, not because of the size of the tree, but because of stopping to take care of the little one.  But finally, today it is finished!


Our tree is not fancy, but I love it.  Just a good-old-fashioned-kid-friendly tree!

See how excited Morgan is for our finished tree!

Since living in Utah another tradition is to go to the Festival of Trees.  My good friend Melanie introduced me to this festival, so I invited her and her girls to go today.  The trees are amazingly beautiful, and a lot of the trees have sad stories that accompany them.  Today we chose not to read those stories!  Our outing was all about being festive and getting in the Christmas spirit.  Can you guess what Morgan did?



Really?  Can she be sleeping? 
Morgan's first sleep in the stroller


Morgan and Nate are my "once upon a time"


I love Melanie and her cuties!  I'm so glad we got to spend the day together, and I saw some walls other than those in my living room.


Merry "sleepy" Christmas - apparently the camera is not around at 4 a.m. 


Disclaimer:  Morgan does stay awake sometimes.  You know, like at 4 a.m.  And other various times during the day, but cameras are not appropriate during some of those times.  :-)  And we only leave the house during nap time.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys are getting into the Holidays. Your tree is so cute! Im jealous, I love the way it makes your house smell. Morgan looks so cute sleeping! What a sweet little girl. Kids make the Holidays so much better!

    ReplyDelete