Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Year of the Wreaths

Since I have this desire to be a crafter but don't think I really am one yet, I have made myself a crazy goal this year....I have recently gained a fascination for wreaths so my goal is to make a wreath every month, either for the front door or to hang somewhere in the house, some that are a little different, some that will just be copycats, and granted, some that no one else will like.  But here goes.  Oh, and each wreath has to be made for just $5!

January's wreath is definitely under the category of something a little different:  (and not the best picture since I took it with my cell phone)

This "wreath" is made from a DI frame which I took all the glass and hardware off of, painted blue, and hung snowflakes from with white ribbon or glued on with the hot glue gun.  So the price break down:  $1 for the frame, $1 for the blue paint, $.75 for the white ribbon (post-Christmas sale), and pennies for the snowflakes (I had a bag leftover from Christmas decorations).  For a total of about $3.  I like it.  So there!

Here's my plan so far for the rest of the year:

February:  I purchased a heart-shaped wreath form at the DI for $2.  I'm planning to cover it with gray yarn and make pink, white, and red flowers from cupcake liners.

And that's as far as I've gotten.  If you have ideas, please let me know.

2 comments: